BracketHighlighter matches a variety of brackets such as:
<tag></tag>, and even custom brackets.
This was originally forked from pyparadigm's SublimeBrackets and SublimeTagmatcher (both are no longer available). I forked his repositories to fix a number issues I add some features I had wanted. I also wanted to improve the efficiency of the matching. Moving forward, I have thrown away all of the code and have completely rewritten the entire code base to allow for more flexibility, faster matching, and a more feature rich experience.
- Customizable to highlight almost any bracket.
- Customizable bracket highlight style.
- High visibility bracket highlight mode.
- Selectively disable or enable specific matching of tags, brackets, or quotes.
- Selectively use an allowlist or blocklist for matching specific tags, brackets, or quotes based on language.
- When bound to a shortcut, allow options to show line count and char count between match in the status bar.
- Highlight basic brackets within strings.
- Works with multi-select.
- Configurable custom gutter icons.
- Toggle bracket escape mode for string brackets (regex|string).
- Bracket plugins that can jump between bracket ends, select content, etc.
- pyparadigm: for his original efforts with SublimeBrackets and SublimeTagmatcher which originally BracketHighlighter was built off of and the inspiration for this project.
- BoundInCode: for his Tag icon.